Saturday 8 February 2014

TRIANGULUS

Leaving aside any analysis of the capitalist horrors of McDonalds as an organisation, and of the nutritional value of its food, it does know a good hand dryer when it sees one. And given that one McDonalds is exactly like another that means a good hand-dryer in every city across the world. I don't know about you but I for one find that reassuring. And for a company with a mascot that could give Chuck Norris coulrophobia to be reassuring is no easy task. 

Now this dryer isn't the best for drying time. Nor is it the best for heat or air pressure.
Don't get me wrong, it's certainly well above average. But what really excited me about this unit was its aesthetics. A sleek, shiny, compact black unit that looks like it comes straight out of Blade Runner or Minority Report. I wouldn't be surprised if it was stealing my biodata as I used it. And I'd let it.

Knowing that text would spoil its slinky beauty the makers have opted not to include any. All that breaks the ebony expanse of its sexy contours is a single triangular light which is red at resting and a neon green when in use. Based on this I have opted to name it the Triangulus. Ah, sweet sweet Triangulus. J'adore.

In case you didn't guess, I love the Triangulus. Most times I come out of a toilet I feel underwhelmed. In all too rare occasions I come out with properly dried hands. But it is only after using the Triangulus that, just for a few glorious moments, I feel I have entered the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment