Tuesday 18 February 2014

E2: Judgement Day

Regular readers may recall that not long ago I came across a hand dryer that would not even turn on - ironically named the Eterna. You may have thought it unfair to rate a hand dryer when it hasn't even had the chance to prove itself. After all I'm meant to be looking at drying time, air pressure, speed, control. Not turning on is more likely a fault with the establishment not the machine.

So when I chanced upon another Eterna t'other night (at Flathouse, which does some decent grub by the way) my first thought was "redemption." This was the Eterna's chance to wow me. And did it? Not exactly.

First I must say the design was very promising. A shiny silver box with sleek curves it looks not unlike a robot's head. Already I was excited.




And then that awful moment of truth as a pathetic fart of lukewarm air hits your hands and you know you're going to be there for at least a minute. This was the Eterna's comeback tour! And disappointment overcame me as I gave up and used some paper towels which were also in the WC. Perhaps even the restaurant owners realised what a damp squib the Eterna was if they saw fit to have a stock of these ready. 

Which makes me wonder, why not get a better hand dryer in the first place? It's a pretty new restaurant so they were probably worrying about decor, having a hygienic kitchen, promotion/advertising, start up costs, menu, ensuring disabled access, overheads etc.

And readers what a sad world it is when these are all seen as more important than having dry hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment